Friday, March 16, 2018

Why do i use Gmail.com ?

Part one:

My first e-mail address was with www.hotmail.com It must have been around 1998... Back then spam-filters were non-existing or just useless.

I did not have Internet at home, so i checked my mail at school. Just over a weekend i got like 100 e-mails/spam, and if i did not delete spam for a week there would be thousands of mails, and it took a lot of my time to sort out what to delete and what to keep.

After a couple of years using Hotmail i switched to Yahoo Mail... I liked this mail better and there was far from as much spam, and i also liked Yahoo Messenger that had allot of chat-rooms where you could talk to people about just about anything.

There was this time that i wanted to see a log of log-ins to my e-mail... There was no way to see a log.... So I changed email service once again - I picked www.gmail.com
Gmail.com provides a log that shows which IP-address has logged in and at what time.

To see the log, just log in to your Gmail and scroll all the way down. On the right side you see the word "Details" - Click it and you will open the log.


The log looks like this:
Another clever thing about Gmail is that you get a warning if someone has logged into you e-mail on a different location/IP than usual.
Also there is 2-step verification, so you have to type in your password AND a code that is sent to your phone as SMS - This makes it very VERY difficult for anyone other than you to access your e-mail.


Conclusion:
I've used Gmail for many years now, and it is by far the best mail-service iv had. I don't know if I've got a single spam-mail in my inbox ever !
There is one thing i think could be better about the login log, and that is that it would not only show like the 10 last logins, but that you could select a date in a calendar to show logins at that day.
I will later blog about more benefits of using gmail/google products


1 comment:

  1. buy tik tok followers Increase your exposure on social media! Check out our deals and buy Instagram Followers, Buy Youtube Subscribers, and more! Fast, cheap, and 24/7 Support.

    ReplyDelete

Car Rims: Break Dust Removal